PDF size in acrobat

printlab

PDF size in acrobat

Post by printlab »

Hi all,
I created a preflight in PitStop Server to add bleed to a PDF file and added it to a Switch flow. The flow adds .063 in of bleed on each side of the PDF where an object is close to the edge. The problem I am having, is when I run a test 3.5x2 in business card through that needs bleed on all edges the final size of the business card should be 3.63x2.13 in. But, when I open the PDF using Acrobat Pro it still shows the business card being 3.5x2 in. I have tried to change the media box, trim box, art box, and crop box to the bleed box size(3.63x2.13 in) but no matter what Acrobat still shows the size at 3.5x2 in.

Thank you for any help!
bens
Advanced member

Re: PDF size in acrobat

Post by bens »

Hi,

Did you try the standard action list "Generate Bleed to 3mm if none, and correctly set all Page Boxes"? This should set the page boxes correctly, and could be a good starting point for your own fix.

If I remember correctly, Acrobat uses the crop box for the page size, but as per the PDF spec none of the boxes can be bigger than the media box. So you would need to set the media box as well as the crop box, and perhaps the trim box. Or, you can remove the crop and trim boxes, in which case the media box will be used as default.

Ben
printlab

Re: PDF size in acrobat

Post by printlab »

It works now! Thank you for your help!