set pdf security

hagadone

set pdf security

Post by hagadone »

I am trying to decide if Switch or Pitstop server can help with a problem we have.

We combine our page leverl PDF files into single password protected PDF documents to post on the web after a job is printed. Currently this takes 3 different programs and is very time consuming.

I know we can resample the PDF's in PS Server, but I can't figure out if any of the products can set the password and restrict the printing of the document tolow resolution.

Any body know?

Very little info on the site.
IanB

set pdf security

Post by IanB »

It's possible to set the security password (providing it is the same password for specific documents) using either Applescript or Javascript.
hagadone

set pdf security

Post by hagadone »

IanB wrote: It's possible to set the security password (providing it is the same password for specific documents) using either Applescript or Javascript.

Using which program? Switch?, PS Server?
mattbeals

set pdf security

Post by mattbeals »

Apago PDF Enhancer works perfect for this.
I'm just a dude. Anything I say has nothing to do with any other person or company.
carineb

set pdf security

Post by carineb »

I'm sure IanB is referring to PowerSwitch as it is the tool you'll need to execute Javascript/Applescript in an automated way. PitStop Server does not support this functionality.
hagadone

set pdf security

Post by hagadone »

Thanks for the replies everyone.

We actually have the Apago product V3.1

It is very buggy and crashes constantly. We reverted back to 2.1 and seem to be getting along better.

Currently looking in to upgrading to 3.5.

Hopefully less buggy.

Also researching Switch.

Thanks again,

Sean
mattbeals

set pdf security

Post by mattbeals »

PDF Enhancer 3.5 is much better than 3.1. Apago did a really good job with it. If you're in the US and need any help evaluating let me know. I can help with the Apago and Switch products if the need arises.
I'm just a dude. Anything I say has nothing to do with any other person or company.
diwu

set pdf security

Post by diwu »

FullSwitch and PowerSwitch have a merge PDF tool (and a split PDF tool) so this requires no other software. Acrobat can however also be used to merge the pages.

Re-sample for the web is a job for PitStop Server.

Setting a password and changing security settings can be done with the Qoppa tool jPDFSecure. The tool itself is available on mac and win but the configurator is currently only available on win.

Uploading the files to a website is probably possible with PowerSwitch but this might ask for some custom scripting. Try posting a new topic with the upload details in the scripting section of this forum or contact your local reseller or Enfocus Professional Services if you also wish to automate that final step in your flow.
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

set pdf security

Post by dkelly »

PDF Enhancer can apply security and digital signatures to PDF files. Here's an example setting (PEC) that applies 128-bit AES encryption.

aes

test

You will need to customize the value and the .

PS - PDF Enhancer 3.5 is very stable and processes 100,000+ files per day for our world-wide customers.

--

Dwight Kelly

Apago, Inc.