Illustrator to PDF, Packaged vs. Non-Packaged

primarycolorinc

Illustrator to PDF, Packaged vs. Non-Packaged

Post by primarycolorinc »

Hello all, I hope everyone is safe from this crazy virus.

I have a workflow that is only illustrator to pdf. It works and passes a file by finding the Adobe fonts that are in the file. Thats good news.

The bad news. It has created the pdf without the images because I am assuming they are not embeded. When I open the file without the package attached in illustrator the files look great and pass preflight.

Is there a setting I am missing in Switch to complete this task? Is there a pitstop action that embeds all images?

Thoughts?

Thanks, stay safe.
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Illustrator to PDF, Packaged vs. Non-Packaged

Post by Padawan »

If you want to send an Illustrator file with links to the Illustrator configurator, then the method is to send a job folder containing:
- The Illustrator file
- A Links folder containing the images

And "Use fonts in package" should be enabled in the configurator

Is it possible you are not using the method I described above and instead are sending just the Illustrator file?
primarycolorinc

Post by primarycolorinc »

Sometimes our clients only send in the .ai file. It opens fine in Illustrator as is. The particular test file has the following. Adobe Fonts, linked image that is a .ai (basically a .ai inside the .ai). When I open the file by itself it works fine. When I run that through the workflow it give me a file without the .ai that is inside .ai.

When I submit the Packaged folder it just sits at the input. Its very odd.

As a company we deal mostly with .ai and .pdf. I will have to create a indesign flow after I can accomplish this illustrator flow.

Thank you again for your help looking at this.
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

Is it possible to send your testfile to me via pm? Can you also share a screenshot of the settings of the Illustrator configurator?