Trim box and bleed

primarycolorinc

Trim box and bleed

Post by primarycolorinc »

Hello all. Trim box and bleed is very basic to the printing industry. When I use the "Generate 3mm bleed...." it adds a white box on the outer area of the bleed. Right now using the built in bleed creator the files are not where I need to be. Is there a way to not add the white space? For example if I want 1 inch of bleed (hypothetically, of course) how do I get all color and not white showing? Is this something possible or does anyone have a pitstop action that they are willing to share that has worked for them? Thank you all, be safe be healthy.
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Re: Trim box and bleed

Post by Terkelsen »

I'm not sure but I think what you are referring to is the media box. If you want the media box to be the same size at the bleed box just add "Change media box to bleed box size" at the end of the action.
primarycolorinc

Should I run the "add bleed" action and then run the "change media box to bleed box size". Can this be achieved by the order I create the Pitstop Actions? For example, 1. Remove printer marks 2. Add bleed 3. Change media box to bleed box size

Have you seen situation situation where you have the correct Actions put in place but they are in the wrong order And therefore fail?
primarycolorinc

Should I run the "add bleed" action and then run the "change media box to bleed box size". Can this be achieved by the order I create the Pitstop Actions? For example, 1. Remove printer marks 2. Add bleed 3. Change media box to bleed box size

Have you seen situation situation where you have the correct Actions put in place but they are in the wrong order And therefore fail?