Create separate PDFs from mulitple InDesign Docs in one Job

jugganaut

Post by jugganaut »

Here's the scenario: We receive InDesign files with linked images in folders as jobs. Each InDesign file is 2 pages - PDFs can be created just fine if there's only one InDesign file per job (folder) but usually we receive these jobs that have several Indesign files and their accompanying images. When a folder with multiple InDesign files is processed, it only does the first file. How can we configure this flow so that is will process each InDesign file separately, creating it's own PDF file for each InDesign file?
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

You can use the "Split multi-job" element to do that. Set the "Main file type" to Indesign and when you throw a package folder with 2 INDD files into the input, the output is two packages, one per Indesign file with the same fonts and images.

Freddy
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

I could easily live without the Quark scripting-thing, but when I trash that I just get another error in Switch when trying to use InDesign Server. The error is this:

01/04/14 16.40,Error,InDesign Server, "flow name",InDesign Server,0092Y,"File name",Script returned error: /tmp/SWITCH_applescript__5dff0fc1:236:248: execution error: Expected end of line, etc. but found “script”. (-2741)