Variable Data

GaryPrintnw

Variable Data

Post by GaryPrintnw »

Does anybody know of a program that works with switch to run variable data on a piece. I will always have the same fields and the same master file, Just need to print variable data from an excel document on it
gabrielp
Advanced member

Variable Data

Post by gabrielp »

GaryPrintnw wrote: Does anybody know of a program that works with switch to run variable data on a piece. I will always have the same fields and the same master file, Just need to print variable data from an excel document on it

We use HP SmartStream to do exactly that. It's a plugin for InDesign.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
GaryPrintnw

Variable Data

Post by GaryPrintnw »

Im a bit confused on HP Smart Stream, Does the program allow you to create a pdf from the variable data or does it only directly print to HP Indigo presses?
gabrielp
Advanced member

Variable Data

Post by gabrielp »

GaryPrintnw wrote: Im a bit confused on HP Smart Stream, Does the program allow you to create a pdf from the variable data or does it only directly print to HP Indigo presses?

It makes PDFs/JLTs which can be sent into Indigos or elsewhere.

You would want to look into SmartStream Designer. Of which Switch has ready-made VDP configurators.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.