Switch Remote Designer

LasseThid
Advanced member

Switch Remote Designer

Post by LasseThid »

I'm trying to find out what this is and how to use it, but I can't find any information regarding it.
In the Switch 12 Reference Guide it says "The Users pane allows you to manage the access rights of users accessing the Switch Server from another computer, i.e. from another computer than the one on which Switch Server is installed, via Remote Designer."
I'm currently connecting to my Switch Server via Apple Remote Desktop, but it's quite laggy, so I'm hoping the Remote Designer gives me the possibility to connect to Switch in a different way with less lag.

Thanks in advance
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Re: Switch Remote Designer

Post by Terkelsen »

In Switch click the "Users" button and make sure to create a user with a name and password, that you remember. In the "Remote Designer" dropdown select "Full access".

In the Switch Preferences check "Internal communication" "Port for Switch Designer". The default port is 51007.

Now simply do a standard install of Switch on another computer. When you start Switch it'll bring up a dialog "Connect to Switch Server". Uncheck "Connect to Local Switch Server" and type in the ip of your server, the port as mentioned above, the username and password that you created in Switch and click OK.

You are now running a Switch Designer connected to you Switch Server.
LasseThid
Advanced member

Re: Switch Remote Designer

Post by LasseThid »

Thanks for the help Terkelsen.

Much appreciated.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.