FTP Receive Issue

colins

FTP Receive Issue

Post by colins »

So for the last three days we've had issues with FTP Receive. In general, it hasn't been working all that great. In the past, we've had issues if the network times out especially if it's in the case of an FTP receive during a specific time frame, and it times out. In this case, the FTP receive did not work during the set time window, but we weren't have network issues. Curious if anyone else has had issues?
samuelm

Re: FTP Receive Issue

Post by samuelm »

Anyone else having this issue? We are still experiencing problems with this. We have a connection to the FTP server, the files are in the FTP, Switch logs say that it is checking the folder, and nothing is pulled into the flow. Then when we try and stop the flow, it freezes and takes 20+ minutes to stop the flow.
sander
Advanced member

Post by sander »

Hm, are you using FTP or FTPS?

I do have a customer with FTPS only and can't get it to work with FTP Receive/Send, logging or showing nothing. Exactly same freeze issues like you.

Might be a bigger issue :)
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

There is a flag somewhere in Switch preferences specifically for enabling FTP debug logging. I'd turn that on and see if anything jumps out.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
sander
Advanced member

Post by sander »

Such a valuable reply :)

User preferences » Logging » Log FTP interaction.

I hope it helps me as well as the topic starter ;)
sander
Advanced member

Post by sander »

Ah well, it looks like I mixed up ftps/sftp in the documentation. I was actually trying to ftps but Switch doesn't support that one.

To whom it may concern, I'm using WinSCP cli now. Supports it all!