Web Portal // Questions

TheCaptain

Web Portal // Questions

Post by TheCaptain »

These are probably really obvious questions but :

• Why do some configurators trigger a new line under 'Check Jobs' but others don't? Is there any way to know what will or will not show as a line of info?

(The below in this particular workflow shows this line when dismantled, and when moved to an external folder, but does NOT show when it is processed in a configurator part way through the flow)
Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 16.30.01.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 16.30.01.png (11.96 KiB) Viewed 9562 times
• How would one go about creating custom stages to flag in the Web Portal list? i.e. A job flows through an 'Inbox' , then onto a 'Processing' folder before being 'Completed' - But I can see no way of notifying the user of these milestones. Only when the job has 'Completed' does it show.
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Web Portal // Questions

Post by Padawan »

According to this part of the documentation the state only goes from "Processing" to "Completed" when the job has reached the end of the flow. In your example this suggests it is because it reached the external folder, not because it was dismantled.

http://www.enfocus.com/manuals/UserGuid ... tatus.html

In the old SwitchClient appliction you had a JobState column where you could set custom value. I've requested to get that back in the webportal and I think (and hope) I'll get it back in the future. If you really want this, then I guess you can temporary move back to the old SwitchClient. When you go this route, then you can set the custom states in the "Attach job state" property of a folder.
TheCaptain

Post by TheCaptain »

Hmm... The behaviour you reference in the guide isn't indicative of what I'm experiencing.

This : is producing 2x pings in the Web Portal 'Check jobs'
Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 11.12.50.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 11.12.50.png (24.88 KiB) Viewed 9549 times
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

I assume there are two Switch jobs in Folder 55 after the job is dismantled? If so then I think that's the reason why there are two shown in the webclient.

The two files in Folder 55 might end up together in one print job. But Switch doesn't try to keep files of the same final print job together. It just sees every file or folder in it's flow as a different Switch job.
TheCaptain

Post by TheCaptain »

If I drop a single screenshot directly into the Submit Point, then pass it through the Job Dismantler, only one file pops into the final Folder.

Yet the Web Portal shows multiple instances of 'Complete'.

Mayhap this is one for the Enfocus team. I'll report back...
TheCaptain

Post by TheCaptain »

Enfocus have confirmed that this is a bug and has been added to the list for potential future updates.