Enfocus PDF Review

LasseThid
Advanced member

Enfocus PDF Review

Post by LasseThid »

We just installed Enfocus PDF Review and one of the features available, if you enable it, is that the "approver" can make comments in the preview. However..... is it possible to extract these comments and attach them in an e-mail to the prepress department and/or CSR?
That would be much better than having to send the PDF as we sometimes handle pdf's that are 1 GB+...

The comments appear as regular Adobe Acrobat comments, so I'm kinda hoping for a way to extract these.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
Zoranj

Re: Enfocus PDF Review

Post by Zoranj »

I second that.
I believe this was my request during Beta test, have comments written to metadata so we can extract and do whatever we want with them.
Right now it is manual operation to go into PDF and manually extract comments.
There is proposed solution with Javascript in Acrobat to extract but it's a hack and I don't want to use Acrobat for anything.
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

I second that too. That's the first thing you would expect indeed to get comments as job metadata. That's all my prospects reported and what my only client so far asked for.
abailescollins
Advanced member

Post by abailescollins »

It's coming, along with lot's of other nice features. :-)
Getting some great feedback and it's selling really well.

Any questions you can always drop me a mail directly.

Also we now have a hosted trial that you can access via the PDF Review App, so it's really easy to have a play....
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com