Error starting Switch Designer / Failed to connect to SwitchDataService [with solution]

web3dprint

Error starting Switch Designer / Failed to connect to SwitchDataService [with solution]

Post by web3dprint »

These days we were facing an error for which we looked online without finding anything. Eventually we contacted support as a last resort, but we thought the problem was due to corruption due to sudden power off. While it might be that the power off did do something, it wasn't the root cause.

If trying to start Switch Designer you get this error: Error starting Switch Designer Failed to connect to Switch Server: Switch Server is not running or the port specified for communication between Designer and Server is not correct.
Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 22.42.03.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 22.42.03.png (55.66 KiB) Viewed 5869 times
And when launching the web client which is accessible, when you try to launch Designer you get a bunch of messages like these:

Code: Select all

2017-10-16 22:31:10
error
Control
Failed to connect to SwitchDataService: [10061] Connection refused; waiting for retry in 1 second
Then you might be experiencing the same issue.

To make sure check C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Enfocus\SwitchDataService\logs\log.txt or
/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Enfocus/SwitchDataService/logs/log.txt if on macOS.

If in the last few lines you see

Code: Select all

RangeError: Invalid string length
then you are experiencing our problem.

I don't know if I'm allowed to publish the solution here publicly, I'll just mention their bug tracking id: ENFS-13847. Get in contact with support.
dstill

Re: Error starting Switch Designer / Failed to connect to SwitchDataService [with solution]

Post by dstill »

Could you please share the fix?
We are totally down at the moment.
Have our reseller working on the issue.
Have send support ticket.

A fix would be a lifesaver at this moment.

Thanks