Enfocus PDF Review, Multiple files

LasseThid
Advanced member

Enfocus PDF Review, Multiple files

Post by LasseThid »

With Switch 17 update 1 and Switch Client 13 update 1 you can submit multiple files as one job, but is it possible to send multiple files as a single mail to the customer for approval with Enfocus PDF Review?
I'd hate to send 100+ mails to the same customer... :lol:
It would be nice if I could group them according to our work orders, so the customer only gets 10 mails .
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
LasseThid
Advanced member

Re: Enfocus PDF Review, Multiple files

Post by LasseThid »

I added a branch where I check if [Job.IsFolder] and then I added an Assemble job, but I have to specify how many files I need to assemble.
Is there a way to count the number of files in the folder or do I have to add a variable in the Submit Point and specify how many files I need to send in order to combine all files into one pdf?
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

I just realized it's the PitStop Server configurator in the flow that doesn't like me sending a folder to it... :lol:
We have an action list cropping the pdf files to the trim box size before sending the files to the PDF Reviewer.
Any way of having PitStop Server accepting a folder? :mrgreen:

I made a duplicate of the flow and removed the PitStop Server configurator, but Enfocus PDF Reviewer didn't like receiving a folder either...
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

You can branch of the flow and merge those PDF's to a multipage file. Problem with that is that if there are some pages that are OK for print and some are not it will be impossible for PDF Review to separate them. Only way is for them to mark the pages with annotations and you have to read them all.

If the customers jobs are one-page files the only real way is to send them one mail for each job.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Very true Jan.
Looks like I have to wait for a future version where they will add Approved/Rejected with comments for that.
Too bad they don't have page based approval/rejection... *hint, hint* :lol: