Switch 13u1 mail settings in Preferences

LasseThid
Advanced member

Switch 13u1 mail settings in Preferences

Post by LasseThid »

I'm having a crapload of problems since reverting to Switch 13 update 1.
Currently my biggest problem is that Switch refuse to send mails no matter what settings I use in the preferences.
Does anyone have any ideas what the heck might be wrong?

We have a Microsoft Exchange server and I've tried the following combinations:
SMTP port: 25, SMTP server requires authentication: Yes, Use secure password verification: No, Encrypt Connection: No Encryption
Error: SMTP protocol error. 504 5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication type.

SMTP port: 443, SMTP server requires authentication: Yes, Use secure password verification: No, Encrypt Connection: No Encryption
Error: Failed to connect to mail server, error message: Interrupted.

SMTP port: 25, SMTP server requires authentication: Yes, Use secure password verification: Yes, Encrypt Connection: No Encryption
Error: Faied to connect to mail server; error message: USER_PASSWORD authentication; SMTP protocol error. 504 5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication typ: NTLM authentication: SMTP protocol error. 504 5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication type.; CRAM-MD5 authentication: SMTP protocol error 504 5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication type.; KERBEROS authentication: This functionality is not available in the Unix edition.

SMTP port: 443, SMTP server requires authentication: Yes, Use secure password verification: Yes, Encrypt Connection: No Encryption
Error: SMTP protocol error. 504 5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication type.
Error: Failed to connect to mail server; error message: USER_PASSWORD authentication: Interrupted.; NTLM authentication: Interrupted.; CRAM-MD5 authentication: Interrupted.; KERBEROS authentication: This functionality is not available in the Unix edition.

SMTP port: 25, SMTP server requires authentication: Yes, Use secure password verification: Yes, Encrypt Connection: SSL
Error: Failed to connect to mail server; error message: USER_PASSWORD authentication: SMTP protocol error. LES10.gbg.billes.se Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:33:10 +0200.; NTLM authentication: SMTP protocol error. LES10.gbg.billes.se Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:33:10 +0200.; CRAM-MD5 authentication: SMTP protocol error. LES10.gbg.billes.se Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:33:10 +0200.; KERBEROS authentication: This functionality is not available in the Unix edition.

SMTP port: 25, SMTP server requires authentication: Yes, Use secure password verification: Yes, Encrypt Connection: TSL
Failed to connect to mail server; error message: USER_PASSWORD authentication: SMTP protocol error. 504 5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication type.; NTLM authentication: SMTP protocol error. 504 5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication type.; CRAM-MD5 authentication: SMTP protocol error. 504 5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication type.; KERBEROS authentication: This functionality is not available in the Unix edition.

The weirdest thing is that on my developer server running Switch 17 I can get it to send mail with these settings: SMTP port: 25, SMTP server requires authentication: Yes, Use secure password verification: Yes, Encrypt connection: NO.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Switch 13u1 mail settings in Preferences

Post by Padawan »

You mention you are reverting to Switch 13. Was the Switch 17 you are reverting from located on the same system?

If not, then it might be because there is a rule in Exchange to only allow certain IP addresses to send mails. Adding the IP address of the Switch server fixes that.

I had a similar situation in the past causing me a headache.
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Yes, it's the same computer.
Friday morning I upgraded Switch 13u1 to Switch 17, but on monday we found out we didn't get any bleed on jobs imposed via SmartStream anymore, so I reverted to the Time Machine backup from friday morning (before I upgraded).
I have since then had a conversation with Sander, who has given me a few things I'm gonna try that are supposed to fix the bleed issue in Switch 17.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Ahhhhhhh....

You have just to love computer logic..... :o
For two days I've been scratching my head trying to figure out why on earth the developer server is sending mails while the production server wont send mail with the same settings.
Just out of the blue a thought popped up in my head, what if I set SMTP server requires authentication to No?

Yup... the fricken server starts sending e-mails like crazy...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I just need to figure our what Client Authentication error. Incorrect Password means......
Last edited by LasseThid on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sander
Advanced member

Post by sander »

Is this Mac joined to a Active Directory?

You might have screwed up this computer in your AD by reverting back. In that case, leave and rejoin your domain.
sander
Advanced member

Post by sander »

Haha lol, good to hear man!

So your developer server needs authentication and your production server not.

At least that's strange ;)
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Explain this if you can... :lol:
Attachments
Switch.jpg
Switch.jpg (252.77 KiB) Viewed 11582 times
sander
Advanced member

Post by sander »

Haha, can't say with the screenshots. Let me login in your Exchange server and I'll figure it out :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: