Switch 2017, LOGs almost 10gb !!

Arthur

Switch 2017, LOGs almost 10gb !!

Post by Arthur »

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask such a question as this relates to the actual setup and configuration of Switch itself. So please advise if this is not OK.
Today I found almost 10gb of logs in the following location:

C:\Users\Workflow\AppData\Roaming\Enfocus\Switch Server\logs

Switch preferences for logging are set for CSV files to be output to "C:/Users/Workflow/Documents/Switch Debug Log"

So what are the logs under the first path, which are regular text files and some are few hundred megabytes big, totalling almost 9GB !!!
There is also ServerLogs.db3 which is almost 10gb. What database is this and what data does it hold ?

Also it looks like those files are gaining weight incrementally, so are constantly in use and getting bigger, but are not purged or cleared.
I checked reference and configuration settings, but no word on these...
Could someone shine some light on this ?
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Switch 2017, LOGs almost 10gb !!

Post by Padawan »

The db3 file is where your Switch messages are stored. The cleanup of this database is handled via the "Keep log messages for (hours)" and "Run cleanup" preferences in the application data category of the Switch preferences.

If the Switch Server background processes are closed down, then it is safe to remove this file. It will be recreated when Switch starts again.

As for the csv files, how old are the timestamps in those files? Are they from before you changed the location of the CSV log files to your custom path?
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

The thing is these are not CSV files.
They are regular Text files.
See attached picture.
Not so old though, but still concerning...
Attachments
Switch_logs.png
Switch_logs.png (74.84 KiB) Viewed 7139 times
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

I believe those are only created when debug logging is enabled. But since they are so big it might be best to contact Enfocus Support about them.