Open program (in my case Acrobat) always minimized

cwswitch

Open program (in my case Acrobat) always minimized

Post by cwswitch »

A couple of my flows launch Acrobat. If these flows are busy, then Acrobat can launch and close quite frequently. This can really get in my way.

I'm looking for a way to have it launch minimized, or out of the way without focus.
burned

Re: Open program (in my case Acrobat) always minimized

Post by burned »

This is really annoying. I have a flow with a lot of Photoshop-actions, if the flow is in use, the system can't be used for anything else.
I didn't find a solution so far either.
Zoranj

Post by Zoranj »

FInd replacements.
Instead of Acrobat and Photoshop, you can use various command line tools that are way more friendly than Adobe apps, most of them are also open source and free.
Adobe apps, other than prohibitively expensive server versions are meant for desktop user, have GUI and are not so good for use with Switch.

e.g. I use Imagemagick instead of Photoshop and combination of Xpdf and PDFtk instead of Acrobat.
All these tools do much better job and much faster without annoying popups, etc..
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

If the main problem is, that you can't work on other Switch flows while the Adobe applications are popping up all the time, you could access Switch from a designer installed on another computer on the network.