HP Smartstream error - "Registration code is invalid"

essexmate

HP Smartstream error - "Registration code is invalid"

Post by essexmate »

Hi all, I keep getting an error with Smartstream Designer when I submit csv variable data in a submit point. As soon as it hits the Smartstream configurator I get the following error. If I quit InDesign and submit the data file again, the job will process normally without error. Is anyone else getting the same? I'm using Switch 2018 with latest version of HP Smartstream Designer.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<SmartStreamStatus>
	  <Status value="Failure"/>
	-<StatusReportList>
	  <StatusReport value=" Registration code is invalid" page="" id="ERROR_CREATE_JOB" type="Error"/>
</StatusReportList>
</SmartStreamStatus>
cstevens

Re: HP Smartstream error - "Registration code is invalid"

Post by cstevens »

I spoke to the configurator developer about this. Apparently this is some kind of timing issue with the link to InDesign. The application needs to be up and running before files are run through the configurator.

This shouldn't happen if InDesign is running when files are sent through the flow. If you are seeing this in this situation he recommended turning debugging on and capturing the logs from Switch so we can take a further look at it.
sander
Advanced member

Re: HP Smartstream error - "Registration code is invalid"

Post by sander »

I have seen this issue since years. My workaround is to start Adobe InDesign with Windows startup. I do a scheduled reboot each night.

I had to do something myself because my local HP team said Windows Server 2012R2 + Adobe InDesign + Smartstream is not supported.

Only consumer Windows versions are supported, probably a commercial issue 😂