Switch 2018 u2 update WARNING!!!!!!!

LasseThid
Advanced member

Switch 2018 u2 update WARNING!!!!!!!

Post by LasseThid »

If you're planning to update Switch 2018 to Switch 2018 u2 make sure you have documented every single action list used in any flow before you upgrade!!!!!!!!

I just upgraded and started a couple of flows. Out of those flows two didn't start because of a problem with PitStop Server and it turns out that PitStop Server can't find the action list/preflight profile used and the path is now set to: /Users/enfocus/Library/Application Support/Enfocus/Switch Server/PropertySets/4/ActionList_309098817.xml... Well, thank you very much for that... How the heck am I supposed to know which action list that is??? Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!

Fortunately I found that I can look in Select many from server and then write down the entire path with any variable data parameters, but that mean it takes a couple of hours fixing that... Thanks Enfocus, I really appreciate that... NOT!!!! :angry: :furious: :mad:

UPDATE: It seems that action lists selected via Define multi-line text with variables and preflight profiles are affected by this problem, action lists added via Select many from library seems to work.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Switch 2018 u2 update WARNING!!!!!!!

Post by Padawan »

This looks very similar to a similar issue when upgrading PitStop Server. Is it possible that you also upgraded PitStop Server from 2017 (update) to version 2018?

I searched the knowledge base, and this is the article in which they mention it:
https://www.enfocus.com/en/support/know ... 000r1BtAAI

If this isn't it, then I also suggest to report it to Enfocus so they can investigate it.
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Hi Padawan.

I already have PitStop Server 2018 installed.
The only update I did was the Switch 2018 u2 once because I wanted access to the new My Switch Insight Dashboard.
I'll pass it on to Enfocus Support.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
abailescollins
Advanced member

Post by abailescollins »

@LasseThid

Can you let us know which build of PitStop Server 2018 you are running please?
There were two 2018 versions released, the initial one and an urgent bug fix one. Would be useful to know which one you are using
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

@Andrew: I'm on 18.0.1.0 (build 908041). I'll have a look to see if there is a more recent version. Thanks!

PitStop Server says my version is up to date when I select Check for Updates in the menu.
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

We also seem to be having an issue with 2018 updt 2.
It's been running quicker to its predecessor, but there were drawbacks anyway.
It has been crashing on a daily basis - Switch Script Executor crash, most likely due to some memory leak which gets system memory used to 98%.
Everything crashes then.
Over the weekend Switch crashed so badly, that now it says there has been a hardware configuration change (bollocks) and refuses to register with Appstore. Consequently - none of the applications can be started, making the whole system UNUSABLE.
None of the flows can be activated.
abailescollins
Advanced member

Post by abailescollins »

There are new updates of PitStop Server 2018 and Switch 2018 u3 tomorrow (22nd January) to resolve reported issues.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

Great news Andrew. Thank you. Hopefully it sorts out some of the issues.
in our case It turned out that the problem was with the WMI Class somehow got corrupted.
After it has been recompiled, it allowed for the WebServices to work again, but the issue with not being able to log in to the AppStore from inside Switch is persisting, so not a lot of progress so far.
Look forward to tomorrow announcements on the new updates.
mclarke

Post by mclarke »

I see the update has posted for Switch 2018 (up3), but no update for Pitstop Server 2018. Also, my installed version (18.0.1.0) says it is up-to-date when I check for updates. Since I can only update our system on the weekend, and on my own time, I like to do updates together.

Was the mentioned update for PS 2018 delayed? If so, for how long?
Malcolm Mackenzie

Post by Malcolm Mackenzie »

From Andrew on Linkedin
Just a note on this update which is released today.
It fixes an issue that was reported when updating Switch, so it's only relevant to PitStop Server customers with Switch.
V. Important. Please update your PitStop Server 2018 to this version before you attempt to upgrade your Switch.
If you do it the other way around you will encounter issues.
BTW: The 'check for upgrades' in the software will not work with this as it is still an version 18 release, and there technically not an upgrade.
If you have any questions please just ask.
mclarke

Post by mclarke »

Thnanks. So, basically, the same file name as the last file downloaded. Good to know.
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

The latest version of PitStop Server 18 is 18.0.2.0.
I received an e-mail from Enfocus today that contained the download link.