PDF Review Server and customer-feedback

eriklars

PDF Review Server and customer-feedback

Post by eriklars »

Hi there!
The PDF Review Server has made some cool updates, coloured buttons and support for comments, and that's sweet.
However, our customers are always a bit confused after pushing a button, since the only feedback so far has been them landing on a very generic page saying either "Thank you for for your OK" or "Thank you for telling us that a new file will be sent" of course depending on what you have on the landning-page...
I'm talking about the %option% function you can add to the url in PDF Review Server...

But, is there a way of sending session-data along, or even pick up meta-data on the way? Webhook perhaps?

I would like to see the following:
Customer gets an email from PDF Review Server, follow the link and press "OK to print" button.
Then by magic he would land on a page that says something like:
Thank you <Customername> for your approval of the job: <jobname>
if you have any questions regarding delivery please contact <Projectmanager>
yadda yadda and so on..

Has anyone done something similar to this?

Also, i'm eagerly waiting for of a file upload-function in PDF Review Server :-)
Malcolm Mackenzie

Re: PDF Review Server and customer-feedback

Post by Malcolm Mackenzie »

Yes you can send an email with the variables as you would in any email triggered by the file going through either pass/fail approval. You can add comments etc from the user.
This is all handled in Switch after the PDF Review event.
The page response is dictated by the link in PDF Review, don't think it would be fast enough to
include the custom responses, but you can adapt that page on your website.
PDFReview is intended to be driven by Switch so don't think it will ever have a direct file upload function.