Kodak Nexpress JDF Configurator

tz8

Post by tz8 »

Hi,

did anyone succeed in successfully creating JDF files for the Kodak Nexpress System? I'd like to have a configurator similar to the one the HP Indigo Division is supplying (which is limited in functionality but works for 90% of the use cases).

Or does anyone ever successfully created a working JDF template for Kodak Nexpress Systems?

Cheers,

Thorsten
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

Apago has developed several JDF Switch Configurators. However, not yet for the Nexpress. I'd be happy to discuss the projects requirements with you.
tz8

Post by tz8 »

currently starting a conversation with the Nexpress / Prinergy division on JDF requirements... if they are not cooperative i'll come back to you Dwight ;)
lombert

Post by lombert »

I'm also looking for this. I have one contact how is going to look at this, to see if he can do a Configurator for the NexPress.

I have found the manuals for all jdf-code that NexPress uses. And with the test-file found inside NexPress front end we hope that we can get a solution..

But please, keep this tread updated if anyone gets closer to the goal. :)
Between jobs!
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

The HP Indigo JDF configurator can perform the following tasks:

copies, priority, destination, queue, duplex, collate, stacker, jog, facing, page order, media, color parameters, imposition template, banner and divider sheets and accounting info.

What functionality would you like to have in the NexPress JDF configurator?
aoswood

Post by aoswood »

Are there any JDF configurators for Xerxo iGen Freeflow RIPs? I have the Indigo ones configured and they work great. Having a lot more issues trying to send JDF to the Xeroxs.