Switch Stops Processing Photoshop Jobs?

Danny

Post by Danny »

Hi,

We are having issues with Switch and Photoshop. Since we activated our last flow(Currently have 4 flows running), Photoshop will simply stop processing jobs. Actually, Switch stops opening files in Photoshop.

I think Switch is trying to open more than one file at a time in Photoshop. I'm considering using Alwan instead of Photoshop whenever possible. I understand there are probably better solutions out there, but we have Alwan, so I thought we should try to use it.

I can't imagine I'm the first person to run into this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PS - I have contacted support. Just feeling out how other Switch users handle these situations.

Thanks again,

Danny
mattbeals

Post by mattbeals »

PhotoShop and Switch have never really played nice together for some reason. Depending on what you are doing you should try Elpical's Claro Single. If you are doing basic color conversions or format conversions Claro works exceptionally well and is multi-threaded. You can also do automatic image correction as part of Claro's processing. I can help you get setup with a trial if you like. It's pretty spectacular.

If you are looking to convert images to PDF you can use Apago's Raster2PDF product.
I'm just a dude. Anything I say has nothing to do with any other person or company.