SQL Query Incomplete Results

rgpepper

SQL Query Incomplete Results

Post by rgpepper »

I have a query I run against a FileMaker Server using the Database connect module (Switch 2019 Fall). Recently it came to my attention that it wasn't returning complete results. Below is the query. If I use the query tool within Excel, it returns *all* of the results - and I just copy/pasted the below query right into Excel. But Switch leaves off 2 of the most recent records in this particular case. I have other query results where there were many more results returned (number of records in FileMaker) - so there's not some sort of limit. And the query works in a different environment. There are no warning or errors in Switch. It just silently doesn't get the full results. ISBN# blanked out for privacy.

j = Job table
t = Title table
c = Customer table
*/
SELECT j.Stock_Covers, t.SeriesName, c.Name, j.ISBN, t.Title_Name, j.Bindery_Style, j.Trim_Pgs, j."Finished Size", j.Color, j.Color_Cover, j.Page_Count, j.Hagen_ID_Int, j.Hagen_ID_Cvr, j.Prinergy_Name_If_Not_ISBN
FROM Job j
INNER JOIN Title t
ON t.ISBN = j.ISBN
JOIN Customer c
ON c.CustID = j.CustID
WHERE j.ISBN = 978XXXXXXXXXX
rgpepper

Re: SQL Query Incomplete Results

Post by rgpepper »

It always helps to actually *be( hitting the database you *think* you're hitting... Dev vs. Live...
Never mind, sorry to take up bandwidth.