Communication Switch - Photoshop interrupted

Joerg Schober

Communication Switch - Photoshop interrupted

Post by Joerg Schober »

Hi,
since the installation of security update 2020-004 on MacOS 10.14.6 (on a VM) we have issues with Photoshop. It seems that the communication between Switch and Photoshop (21.2.2) is interrupted. I've made many tests but to make it short and clear: If you turn on debugging messages you can see that the script runs 53 seconds until "Script was successfully executed" is logged – compared to 2 seconds run-time on my development machine.
If you select "Save as: Save by action" in the Photoshop Configurator Switch even looses the ticket (Logging: "The job with the same prefix '1DQKG' already exists in the flow. A new prefix will be assigned".), so all metadata are lost.

Any similar experiences ... or a solution?

Kind regards
Jörg
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Communication Switch - Photoshop interrupted

Post by freddyp »

This is not something I am familiar with, so I cannot help you but let me ask you this: what is it that you are doing with the files in Photoshop? Depending on your answer my advice may be not to use Photoshop at all, but to use a much more efficient approach.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

Do you have the latest version of the Configurator?
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
Joerg Schober

Post by Joerg Schober »

Thanks for you replies.
Jan, yes, latest version is installed.
Freddy, i know, utilizing a desktop app is always the least elegant, stable (and fast) solution for automation. We use Photoshop for processing (complex) psd-files and for reducing file-size of jpgs and pngs. I've evaluated some other solutions for this purpose but did not found something that produces similiar good looking and small files as Photoshop does.

We still try to fix the issue, currently it seems that it only occurs on VMs.