Is Switch 12 buggy ?

loicaigon
Advanced member

Is Switch 12 buggy ?

Post by loicaigon »

Hi all,

I installed Switch V12 recently and I have many troubles. V11 was perfectly fine. Is it just me ?

For example, my view is randomly changed, some flows cannot be stopped once ran. Some operations, even the simpliest ones, fail to execute.

I have a MBP with OSX 10.7.5 installed if this can help.

Best to all,

Loic
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Is Switch 12 buggy ?

Post by dkelly »

I've also encountered problems with Switch 12 and reported them to Enfocus.
loicaigon
Advanced member

Is Switch 12 buggy ?

Post by loicaigon »

Hi DKelly,

Thanks for your feedback. I feel a bit les lonely :) I will report to enfocus as well. Fact is I installed 12 over 11 and maybe the installation was corrupted somehow.

I did a fully uninstallation, tracking every single piece of files related to Switch and re install over. For what I can see, it looks like more stable now.

FWIW,

Best,

Loic
MitchSharpe

Is Switch 12 buggy ?

Post by MitchSharpe »

Ive had a few issues with 12 and have stopped using it. Thankfully ive had issues with updates before so always try out the software first on a separate machine using a special Developer licence.

I stopped as soon as I ran a test archiving job which should have moved files from machine to machine and put them back into the same folder structure, but instead I found files sitting at the top level of the folder structure ...

Hang off until 12U1 id suggest ...
antjeg

Is Switch 12 buggy ?

Post by antjeg »

Hi Mitch,

to make sure that we can solve the issue, it would be very helpful if you could report it to our support:

support@enfocus.com

Thanks a lot in advance.

Antje
aoswood

Is Switch 12 buggy ?

Post by aoswood »

I have found SWITCH 12 works better then SWITCH 11. I am not have as many crashing or problems involving Pitstop server 11. My only issue with the new version is SWITCH Designer is slow to refresh, activate and deactivating flows.
nick

Is Switch 12 buggy ?

Post by nick »

I seem to have a users based issue.

When connecting multiple switch clients using anything other than the Admin account I have no connection or at best one that connects and then disconnects after a few minutes.

Default Switch Admin account connects without issue.

Waiting for a response from Enfocus.

Cheers
mervinator

Is Switch 12 buggy ?

Post by mervinator »

aoswood wrote: My only issue with the new version is SWITCH Designer is slow to refresh, activate and deactivating flows.

I am also experiencing this. The file count on folders don't seem to refresh real time as was with Switch 11. Same is true for me with activating and deactivating flows. On several occassions, I've had to force reboot my server just to restart Switch.
Joerg Schober

Is Switch 12 buggy ?

Post by Joerg Schober »

I am also experiencing this. The file count on folders don't seem to refresh real time as was with Switch 11. Same is true for me with activating and deactivating flows. On several occassions, I've had to force reboot my server just to restart Switch.

Also my experience: The file count on folders is not usable in v12. It sometimes lasts dozens of seconds until the real number of files is shown. I assume the reason for this is the introduction of Remote Designer (which I can't use as it crashes here).

Kind regards,

Jörg
kumpelj

Is Switch 12 buggy ?

Post by kumpelj »

Same behavior on this issue!....Even with 12v1

Switch Server way more stable then with v12

No PitStop issues

Kind regards
bobogan

Is Switch 12 buggy ?

Post by bobogan »

No answer from enfocus support, just wait an other update, ok but WHEN ???????
loicaigon
Advanced member

Is Switch 12 buggy ?

Post by loicaigon »

Hi

Did you try update2 ? I have to admit all the problem I got with the initial release of V12 are gone since then ;)

Loïc
compendio

Is Switch 12 buggy ?

Post by compendio »

Hi,

I made good experience with Update 2 on Windows Server 2008 R2. We use it in combination with Pitstop Server 12 and callas PDF toolbox. There are some issues with AD integration, but I'm looking forward to the next update.

Best regards,

Thomas
numnational

Is Switch 12 buggy ?

Post by numnational »

Hi all,

With the last update, upgrade 3, this problem is fixed here.

Great news :-)