Database log

smckinney

Database log

Post by smckinney »

I have linked my database to switch and am able to pull data directly from our database into a log csv file.

I would like to be able to upload the log into google sheets for formula functionality.

If I upload my "log" as an excel file, I am able to retain all of my columns but without the necessary currency formatting. If I upload it as a csv, the 2 (log) rows are only 3 columns wide where my query is returning for example 6 columns of data so my data is cut off in column length but I am able to retain my currency formatting.

In the example below is there any way to turn off the 2 rows of actual switch log info so that I am just returning my own data or is there a better solution for this?
Attachments
Capture.PNG.png
Capture.PNG.png (15.66 KiB) Viewed 4961 times
ezFlow

Re: Database log

Post by ezFlow »

To solve this, just remove the 2 log rows in the CSV log before importing it in the Google Sheet with Google Sheets Connect.

You can automate this using the String Replace app.
The Strings property has to be configured like this: DataSource.+Invoice#=Invoice#

Of course Invoice# matches the first field of your DB table, and must be adapted for other exports.
smckinney

Post by smckinney »

Thank you!

That worked exactly as I needed it to. This opens so many doors for us with GSC
magentaheal

Post by magentaheal »

Perfect! This is what I needed. This opens up infinite possibilities with GSC.
slope