inactive configurators in pdfToolbox4

Simon

Post by Simon »

Hello,

we've updated Callas pdfToolbox Server from version 3 to 4.

The new configurators (for example Profiles-modul) don't work,

as it wasn't installed (but it is). (The CLI-part could not be installed.)

We are still using version 3 (for example pdfCorrect-modul) in other flows.

Does anyone know the reason.

We use PowerSwitch 9.3 on Macintosh.

Best regards

Simon
mattbeals

Post by mattbeals »

If you installed callas pdfToolbox Server 4.5 then you should have the configurators at the bottom in the "custom" area. You may have to right click on the configurators and search for all applications. Or, you can right click on the individual callas configurators and manually point them to the application in the CLI directory ( Machintosh HD/applications/callas pdfToolbox Server 4/cli/pdftoolbox4.app ). or in the case of the version 3 apps and configurators (Macintosh HD/applications/pdfColorConvert/pdfColorconvert.app) or something like that.

You can always email Enfocus support or callas support.
I'm just a dude. Anything I say has nothing to do with any other person or company.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Sorry Matt,

about this simple reason with great effect.

It works.

Do you think, that we should prefer Enfocus or Callas Support outside of crossroads?

Best regards und thank you for attention

Simon
mattbeals

Post by mattbeals »

Both callas and Enfocus have great support teams. I always recommend that you contact support. On this issue either support would have been able to handle it. Of course you are always welcome to post questions here. Frequently the dealer who sold you the software should be able to handle requests. If they cannot for any reason (timing, etc.) then please do contact support. If you have a maintenance contract with Enfocus you should have a special email address to email questions to. They give maintenance contract clients higher priority in the queue.

You can always email me. If I can quickly answer it I will help when I can.
I'm just a dude. Anything I say has nothing to do with any other person or company.
davidvd

Post by davidvd »

I'll only vouch for callas (due to working for Four Pees who does the support for callas software worldwide :-)), but Matt is correct that we strive to provide excellent support. Don't hesitate to mail if you'd run into other problems!

On another note, why are you still using pdfCorrect if I can be so curious? Does it do something that pdfToolbox 4 cannot do? pdfToolbox 4 is much faster overall so it should normally be the better choice.

Oh, and by the way, pdfToolbox 5 is coming out very shortly with even more possibilities, including a new Switch configurator to compare PDF files. Don't forget to look at that! You can see previews on the callas software website already.