OPS -Online Print Solutions and Switch

Peter Olliver

Post by Peter Olliver »

Has anyone had experience with integrating OPS with Switch, I was hoping to avoid the selecting, imposing and downloading of OPS orders and automate single files into Switch, I am a fairly new user (3-4 weeks) and it seems like a massive effort, hoping, now that EFI own both their might be a configurator released to facilitate this.
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

I don't know of anyone who's integrated Switch with OPS. We have developed flows that interface with EFI's Pace and Monarch systems as well as several other MIS & web2print solutions. Almost all of these systems have an internal SQL database which can be queried. Even without vendor support it's possible to discover which tables contain what information.

It would be difficult to develop a single configurator for these systems since they contain so much information and every shop wants to access different bits.
Peter Olliver

Post by Peter Olliver »

Good point, we integrate Switch with Prism for SQL queries, I was thinking of trying to automate the downloading of single PDF's into Switch based on orders writing into Prism using the PM number, looks like it's something we'll have to do ourselves from scratch.

I will have to ask OPS support if there is anyway to access the customers PDF's apart from the using Order Desk.
Rich

Post by Rich »

We use OPS It not the greatest.

Does OPS pass an XML off to production in your workflow.
heihei

Re: OPS -Online Print Solutions and Switch

Post by heihei »

Peter - Did you ever have any luck? We are doing a trial of switch right now and the main purpose is to do exactly what you are trying to do...yes we are an OPS user.

Thank you