How to get Checkpoint via mail to work?

lovestjarna

Post by lovestjarna »

Im trying to get the Checkpoint via mail to work...

I have put in the checkpoint and added to folders after that - "Accept" and "Reject".

When getting the email I have chosen the plain text and built in. It gives me everything with Job identifier and what actions that could be used (the two above).

Returning email and having:

Job identifier: 5462U

Action: Reject

...doesnt do anything. Shouldn't it be automatic or do I have to check email manually to match? If it should be automatic - How can I check that Switch have checked the email?

And is it the default email address it should respond to?
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

The mail account you have to check is the one that is being replied to. I prefer doing the "Checkpoint via mail" with an HTML because then you can "automate" the creation of the return mail with the correct unique ID and response text. Below is a template you can start from. Change the return mail address or it will not work. The text on the buttons will be replaced automatically with that of your outgoing connections.

Freddy

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

<title>Mail to Switch</title>

<style type="text/css">

.infotext {

font-family:'Trebuchet MS',Arial,sans-serif;

font-size:1em;

height:32px;

color:#0273b9;

width:100%;

text-align:left;

}

.responsebutton {

-webkit-box-shadow:rgba(0,0,0,0.2) 0 1px 0 0;

-moz-box-shadow:rgba(0,0,0,0.2) 0 1px 0 0;

box-shadow:rgba(0,0,0,0.2) 0 1px 0 0;

background-color:#0273b9;

color:white;

border-radius:5px;

-moz-border-radius:5px;

-webkit-border-radius:5px;

border:none;

font-family:'Trebuchet MS',Arial,sans-serif;

font-size:1.2em;

padding:20px 20px;

text-shadow:#FE6 0 1px 0;

text-decoration:none;

height:32px;

width:50%;

}

</style>

</head>

<body>

<div width=200px>

<p>

</p>

<p class="infotext">

Please send us your feedback on the attached file by clicking one of the buttons below

</p>

<p>

<a class=responsebutton href="mailto:yourmail@yourmail.com?subject=Response to Switch&body=Job identifier: [Job.UniqueNamePrefix] Action: [Switch.OutgoingName:Index=1]">[Switch.OutgoingName:Index=1]</a>

<a class=responsebutton href="mailto:yourmail@yourmail.com?subject=Response to Switch&body=Job identifier: [Job.UniqueNamePrefix] Action: [Switch.OutgoingName:Index=2]">[Switch.OutgoingName:Index=2]</a>

</p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

lovestjarna

Post by lovestjarna »

So there is no automatic check from Switch on the incoming email so that it could move the job to the selected folder?

Thanks for the HTML - Ill try that direct
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

Yes there is. The "Checkpoint via mail" element will check the mail account that you configured in that element on a regular basis for incoming mails. There is a property to define the interval when this is done, and all the other properties that you also find in "Receive mail".

Note that this tool is configured separately from the "Receive mail" element and it is also not related to the mail configuration in the Preferences; that one is for outgoing mail.

Freddy
RichardBenson3

Re: How to get Checkpoint via mail to work?

Post by RichardBenson3 »

Hi Freddyp

I am very new to Switch so please forgive my Ignorance, I am trying to set up a very simple email function that the recipient has has the choice of two variables Accept and reject, Your sample below looks just the ticket and I imported it into my Checkpoint via Mail to test. The email function works just fine but the variables are not being picked up. In the option body template, I have tried Built in /Multi-line text with variables defined. Fixed file - this worked best but still variables just came through as "[Job.getUniqueNamePrefix]". And the last option "associated with job" I can't get going at all.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Richard
LasseThid
Advanced member

Re: How to get Checkpoint via mail to work?

Post by LasseThid »

I'm trying to implement a Check point in a flow, so I copied the HTML code that freddyp supplied and dropped a file into the flow, but the email I get only contains this text:

Check the file and then press Approved or Rejected.

[Switch.OutgoingName:Index=1]
[Switch.OutgoingName:Index=2]

I'm assuming I need to change somthing in these lines in order for the links to be correct, but how do I check the file? I was hoping to get like a link to the file...

Code: Select all

<a class=responsebutton href="mailto:yourmail@yourmail.com?subject=Response to Switch&body=Job identifier: [Job.UniqueNamePrefix] Action: [Switch.OutgoingName:Index=1]">[Switch.OutgoingName:Index=1]</a>
<a class=responsebutton href="mailto:yourmail@yourmail.com?subject=Response to Switch&body=Job identifier: [Job.UniqueNamePrefix] Action: [Switch.OutgoingName:Index=2]">[Switch.OutgoingName:Index=2]</a>
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.