adding XMP data to photoshop files (different formats)

Ulrick Mortensen

Post by Ulrick Mortensen »

Hi

Recently I'm getting an error in FullSwitch when adding XMP data to my Photoshop-files.(formats layered-tiff and eps)

I'm using Fullswitch 9 upgrade 3, and currently using a tool called XMP Magic, that has been working flawlessly for a year now.

However in recent weeks the XMP data has not been added on selected files (seems random) and the files themselves have been corrupted. (can not be opened in Photoshop afterwards)

The files themselves are from CS5 Standard (and a few from Extended)

Question:

Have anyone experienced similar errors with Photoshop recently? (Switch corrupting the files)

If yes, have you found a clear pattern in what files are affected?

(at least it seems that eps-files are a no go. They all fail. Luckily we rarely use that format anymore)

Fire away if you need anymore details.

regards

Ulrick
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

I'm not familiar with XMP Magic; however, if you can post a sample output file I can maybe determine the cause of the error in Photoshop.

Dwight Kelly

Apago, Inc.

dkelly@apago.com

PS - I have developed a Switch flow that uses the open source Exiftool to read and write XMP, Exif and IPTC metadata.
Arthur

Re: adding XMP data to photoshop files (different formats)

Post by Arthur »

dkelly wrote: PS - I have developed a Switch flow that uses the open source Exiftool to read and write XMP, Exif and IPTC metadata.
Hey Dwight - would there be a chance of this being shared?