OSX users, have RAM issues with Switch?

gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

We're having a pretty hard-to-pin-down issue for the past couple of months. Our production machine runs on a mac and it is using tons and tons of memory. The server has 20GB of memory (could be more but honestly not bad) and after Switch is running for a few hours, the "Free" ram will go down to maybe 1GB. When it gets bad, the "Free" will only be a few megabytes. When this happens, the "Inactive" memory skyrockets to 12-16GB.

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like when Switch is running well:

I'll take another screenshot when Switch gets bogged down. Essentially, it looks like the above but the blue part of the pie (inactive memory) encompasses everything in the green, leaving only the slightest amount of memory free.

No specific flows seem to cause this. It happens over time. The longer the server has been running without a restart, the worse it gets. It grows and grows and then eventually levels out seemingly on its own, but inactive memory never drops down to what I would call "normal" levels.

Seems like a memory leak but I can't seem to pin point what is causing it but I know Switch has something to do with it.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

Here it is, a few hours later. It's after hours here and Switch is sitting idle without any real work to do. It's pretty typical for our machine to sit in a state like this:

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
ArielRauch
Advanced member

Post by ArielRauch »

Hey Gabriel,

have you reported it to Enfocus? Could you please keep us posted? Thanks

Ariel
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

I haven't reported it because it seems difficult to troubleshoot. Perhaps I will give it a try though.

We have since upgraded to a Mac Pro on Yosemite (with 64GB of RAM) running Switch 12 Update 3 and we're seeing similar results:

dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

What applications are using the most memory? In Activity Monitor sort by Real or VM Memory Usage columns.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

dkelly wrote: What applications are using the most memory? In Activity Monitor sort by Real or VM Memory Usage columns.

Nothing ever really shows up: