Alwan Hotfolder, Generic Application Configurator

ChrisSigge

Post by ChrisSigge »

Hello, I hope someone can help me,

we want to use Alwan Color hub inside Enfocus Switch,

but we have an older Alwan Color Hub Version which runs on an Mac-Server

and Enfocus Switch runs on an Windows Server, so we cannot use the Alwan configurator inside Switch because it is not installed on the same Server.

The Support from Alwan Color hub told me that we could use the Generic Application Configurator to make use of the Alwan hotfolder structure. But I cannot figure out how, the Generic Application Configurator just allow me to set the path of an Program.

I was searching for examples flows but I couldn't find any.

Does anyone know how I need to configure the Generic Application Configurator

to use it with Alwan or does anyone knows a different way?

Thank you very much for your help.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

If Alwan has a hot-folder system, then why don't you just use Switch to drop the files into the hot-folder and output the result into another folder Switch watches?
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
ChrisSigge

Post by ChrisSigge »

gabrielp wrote: If Alwan has a hot-folder system, then why don't you just use Switch to drop the files into the hot-folder and output the result into another folder Switch watches?

The Hotfolders we created are also used manually for other jobs, I need a way that Switch just collect the file from the output that was put in the input folder before. Is that possible somehow?

I know that switch gives each File automatically an unique ID.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

ChrisSigge wrote: The Hotfolders we created are also used manually for other jobs, I need a way that Switch just collect the file from the output that was put in the input folder before.

I think there's a few ways to skin that cat. Here's a few that seem pretty simple:

I imagine the Switch unique ID will get stripped off. But you can rename everything Switch is dropping into Alwan by adding a prefix like "FromSwitch_" to the filename: "FromSwitch_YourFile.pdf". Then, have Switch moving all of the files from the output folder where (job.NameProper starts-with "FromSwitch"), or something like that.

If that's too messy for you, I could see another scenario where you make a copy of everything you're putting in into a folder called a repository. Then, you use Switch to move everything out of the output folder (from Alwan) and attempt an inject job against the repository. If inject job finds a match, it's a Switch job and should be dealt with as such, if not, it's from another source and should be thrown away or whatever you're doing with those.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
ChrisSigge

Post by ChrisSigge »

gabrielp wrote: [quote=ChrisSigge]The Hotfolders we created are also used manually for other jobs, I need a way that Switch just collect the file from the output that was put in the input folder before.

I think there's a few ways to skin that cat. Here's a few that seem pretty simple:

I imagine the Switch unique ID will get stripped off. But you can rename everything Switch is dropping into Alwan by adding a prefix like "FromSwitch_" to the filename: "FromSwitch_YourFile.pdf". Then, have Switch moving all of the files from the output folder where (job.NameProper starts-with "FromSwitch"), or something like that.

If that's too messy for you, I could see another scenario where you make a copy of everything you're putting in into a folder called a repository. Then, you use Switch to move everything out of the output folder (from Alwan) and attempt an inject job against the repository. If inject job finds a match, it's a Switch job and should be dealt with as such, if not, it's from another source and should be thrown away or whatever you're doing with those.

Hm..thats an solution I haven't thought about,

the first solution you mentioned is working fine for me,

thank you Gabriel.