Switch server sometimes crashes on acrobat configurator

verstraete

Post by verstraete »

Hello,

Sometimes our switch server just stops working when he has to do something on the acrobat configurator. Is there anyone else having these problems?

I have to reset the entire computer to get switch working again. The weird thing is that he takes off where he stopped like nothing happened. No messages, nothing. It's like he loses the communication with acrobat.

Any suggestions?

Kind Regards,

David
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

I haven't had that particular problem but I have seen slowness and things getting stuck on Acrobat using the configurator in the past. I've just changed all my actions over to Pitstop or native Switch configurators like Merge PDF to solve the problem. Setting a lower global timeout should help as well as when any application stops responding, Switch will move it to Problem Jobs and keep running.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
compendio

Post by compendio »

I also used Acrobat before and we are moving away because of slowness. Today we use Pitstop Server or callas PDF Toolbox Server with success. Both solutions work perfectly and its a scalable solution while you'll just have one instance of Acrobat per server. What you exactly do with Acrobat and its on Win or OSX?