Metrix JDF to Dynastrip

PaulHough

Metrix JDF to Dynastrip

Post by PaulHough »

Hello everyone,

We just recently purchased EFI Pace w/ Metrix.

We have been using Dynastrip for imposition for awhile and our prep team really likes it. Now with Metrix comming on board what I would like to do is have efi pace/metrix create a JDF and drop it into our job folder via switch. From there I would like to be able to open the file using dynastrip.

Currently I don't see a way for me to open the jdf file because metrix says "it does not contain imposition data."

Any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated.
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Metrix JDF to Dynastrip

Post by dkelly »

JDF is just XML. Your Switch flow can create or modify JDF as required.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Metrix JDF to Dynastrip

Post by gabrielp »

Metrix uses a JDF proprietary spinoff called MXML and will output several types of JDF's out of Metrix. You can then set Metrix to export those JDF's (let's say your cutting one), to a folder Switch can watch for and automate to your cutter.

Here's a simple example of using Switch to send a JDF directly to an Indigo: https://github.com/dominickp/SwitchJMF/ ... /Status.js This can be done much better now adays with the HTTP class.

If you're interested in making your own JDF's, I started working on some classes to make it easier in PHP: http://jdf.dominick.p.elu.so/generator.php

If you have Indigo's, there is a SmartStream configurator which will make a JDF from Switch as well.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
ArielRauch
Advanced member

Metrix JDF to Dynastrip

Post by ArielRauch »

For Indigos the DFE Configurator still misses some of the feature that are supported by the DFE tickets.

A new version (like always) should add those missing features:)
mattbeals

Re: Metrix JDF to Dynastrip

Post by mattbeals »

Metrix JDF is in no way proprietary. Metrix XML (MXML) is.

What are you trying to do with the Metrix JDF in DynaStrip? There is JDF that has imposition information, there is JDF that has job information. There can be JDF that has both. Since this is a Pace/Metrix combo we probably ought to handle this through Metrix Support ( metrixsupport@efi.com ).
I'm just a dude. Anything I say has nothing to do with any other person or company.