Submit point SQL query

abonsey

Submit point SQL query

Post by abonsey »

I have a submit point metadata (job number in this example).
Is it possible to have the next metadata field query the SQL based on the previous job number field?
If so what would the query string look like?

TIA
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Submit point SQL query

Post by Padawan »

I'm afraid this is currently not possible. Feel free to send to Enfocus support that you would like to have this feature, then they can add you to the existing list of users who want this :)

The only workaround using only Switch is:
- Have a submit point where you ask for the job number
- Let the user submit the job
- Job is routed to a checkpoint
- Query the database using the job number from the submit point to set the options given to the user in the checkpoint.

An alternative method would be to build your own web form which implements the logic of doing an sql query using a previous field. The webform could then write out an xml which can be used in Switch.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

You can create that with the Switch RestAPI and PHP. The web page can ask the Subpoint for the form fields and also get info from a database. You then send that back to a Switch Webhook.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
abonsey

Post by abonsey »

The RestAPI and PHP does seem like a bit of overkill for just an internal facing dashboard for submitting files.
I'll put that through as a feature request as it does appear its been asked for before and seems a basic logical flow for data.

Thanks
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

I don't use the Database module much but I do believe that if you have that one to populate the fields in the submit point and have a dropdown list for the active order numbers if might work.

So you have a dropdown list that get the values from the database. Then when you have selected an order number it would populate the rest of the fields.

My solution don't require the Database module.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps