Switch Training

JBrs

Switch Training

Post by JBrs »

Hello,

What is a good resource for learning how to use PowerSwitch? Are there any tutorials online anywhere? I just need basic understanding on how some elements work. Enfocus gave me a contact person for hourly training but we are not ready for that yet.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Re: Switch Training

Post by gabrielp »

Is PowerSwitch what we refer to as Switch now? I haven't heard of that before.

There's some good resources here: https://www.enfocus.com/en/products/switch/support

The documentation Enfocus provides is pretty solid. Some of the partner configurators can be kinda tricky. Other than that and the live webinars Enfocus does once in a while, I'm not familiar with other training materials.

Here are some style guides I proposed to develop some good habits when making flows.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
bens
Advanced member

Post by bens »

Historical note: once upon a time, Switch did not use modules (the scripting module, configurator module, database module, ...). In those days, there were three Switch flavours: LightSwitch, FullSwitch, and PowerSwitch. LightSwitch was more or less what is now the Switch core module. FullSwitch was the core module plus the configurator module, and PowerSwitch added the scripting module.

Personal side note: I still like the names LightSwitch and PowerSwitch :-)

@OP: your first stop for Switch resources should be the documentation, followed by your reseller or distributor. This forum and the Enfocus LinkedIn group can be used to reach out to other users.

I also think the style guide proposed by Gabriel and Dwight is a wonderful idea. While not documentation per se, it can certainly help "read" flows.
JBrs

Post by JBrs »

Thanks for the input guys. I will certainly explore all those avenues. I appreciate the feedback.