Plan a pdf file into InDesign automatically

rakesh kumar

Plan a pdf file into InDesign automatically

Post by rakesh kumar »

Hello Everyone,

I have Facing a problem during to create a Switch Workflow, the stuck point is:-

We have three Job folder one is input folder where i received a pdf file from client side, and second is Output folder Where i want to move the input pdf file into InDesign format.

Basically we want to automatic plan a pdf file into InDesign in Switch workFlow.
So I need a help to respective expert, if you have any switch script which is perform that task to plan a Pdf file into inDesign than provide me.

Thanks
Rakesh
loicaigon
Advanced member

Re: Plan a pdf file into InDesign automatically

Post by loicaigon »

You don't need a switch script but an indesign script. PDF isn't an editable format for InDesign so you need to use a basic script for opening a template and inject the incoming job:

On Opening, choose script
save this jsx somewhere:

Code: Select all

var doc = app.documents.add();
var rect = doc.pages[0].rectangles.add();
var pdfFile  = File ( String ( $infile ) );
rect.place ( pdfFile );
rect.fit ( FitOptions.FRAME_TO_CONTENT );
Then choose indesign as output format and voilà. Of course you will need to tweak the code intensively to make it match your requirements.
rakesh kumar

Post by rakesh kumar »

Please see the design platform which represent the process of job.

Please go to the below link to look up the exact output flow

loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

You can't get InDesign out of Acrobat. InDesign only is able to output indd (unless I am wrong).
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

Loïc, you are not wrong. What I think Rakesh does not realize is that he has to use your script with the Indesign configurator.

Rakesh, copy and paste the lines of the script that Loïc added in his post to a text file and save it somewhere and call it for example placepdf.jsx. Go to the Indesign configurator, change the "Open" property from "Automatic" to "Use script" and in "Script file" you browse to the script file you have just saved. Run the flow with a PDF file as input to the configurator.
Rakesh Singh

Post by Rakesh Singh »

Hi Team,

Hope you all are enjoying your life,

Team i was tried to this script which is provided by Loic, but when we use this script in indesign configurator and run the flow the indesign configurator was stuck it was not work and shown a error message "it is unable to process" and the job file move in problem job.

So dear if have some any solution for this problem or another way to solve it please support and suggest.

Thanks

Rakesh Singh
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

The input file to the InDEsign configurator must be a InDesign file, a template or a job. Then the script will place the PDF on this InDesign file.

Jan
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps