How to sync two folders?

TheCaptain

How to sync two folders?

Post by TheCaptain »

Am I being a numptie?

I simply want Folder-B to be an evolving synchronisation of Folder-A. In that amends, alterations, movements etc in Folder-A are reflected in Folder-B.

Any of the Hierarchy flow elements are not working with me to create a fluid, self updating mirror of Folder-A.

It's me right? ... I'm missing something?!
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Re: How to sync two folders?

Post by Terkelsen »

If folder A is a Submit Hierarchy (with "leave originals in place" and "Set hierarchy path" both set to "yes") and folder B is an Archive Hierarcy with the same number of subfolder levels, I see no reason why that wouldn't work.
TheCaptain

Post by TheCaptain »

When I've tried this, deleting a file from Folder-A (the Original) is not reflected in the deletion of the same file from Folder-B.

The initial clone is created, but then not maintained with removals. Only additions :?
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

No, that won't work. This will only copy any file placed in folder A to folder B. I'm not aware of any way to sync two folders as you are requesting, in Switch. However, there seems to be plenty af software out there capable of automatic syncing of two folders - just not running inside Switch.
TheCaptain

Post by TheCaptain »

I think my brain was running ahead of what I actually put to paper as a forum topic.

Thanks for confirming what I thought, but that I failed to articulate!