Question About Adding Names to the E-Mail Info Map

MarkStrecker

Question About Adding Names to the E-Mail Info Map

Post by MarkStrecker »

I have a network server to network server flow. Every job submitted to the flow has a unique folder name and no subfolders. When the job is sent to the Switch hot folder using Prinergy, it generates two log files: one is the user name and the customer name. It was my intent to set up the Info Map Key so when it sees those text files, it will automatically attach an associated e-mail to the job's internal ticket. The manual tells you how this works with jobs where the files are coming from an FTP,E-mail submission, or a Submit Point, but not in a situation where the files are simply moved into the flow's hot folder from a network server. Will the E-mail Info Map pick up the names of files that it will then associate with an e-mail according to the key, or do they have to be subfolders?

Thanks for taking the time and effort to answer my question. I really appreciated.
enfocus

Re: Question About Adding Names to the E-Mail Info Map

Post by enfocus »

The documentation says this on "Attach email info" in a submit hierarchy:
Email addresses and body text specified with the editor for this property are added to each job's email info as the job is submitted in the flow; the information added can vary depending on the subfolder in which the job was submitted.
http://www.enfocus.com/manuals/UserGuid ... archy.html

In short: Your suspicion is correct, currently the email maps only work on the subfolders in which the job is located, not on the job itself.