SFTP broken since Switch 2017?

TheCaptain

SFTP broken since Switch 2017?

Post by TheCaptain »

Anybody else had their .FTP Recieve flow element stop working since upgrading to 2017 / and or 2017.1?

Everything has worked perfectly for us since swapping to the newer versions except for any .SFTP connections. They have all died and fail to connect.

All .FTP works fine and any .SFTP connections on the same machine through software such as Filezilla are fine.

Just the .SFTP Workflow element in Switch that won't connect :evil:
mclarke

Re: SFTP broken since Switch 2017?

Post by mclarke »

I just tested the SFTP connector on my system (Windows 2016 Server) and I am having the same issue. Filezilla connects correctly, but the SFTP connector times out every time.

Captain, did you ever get a response from Tech support?
TheCaptain

Post by TheCaptain »

We have yet to resolve this problem, but have a meeting next week with Enfocus and our IT to see if we can address the issue.

I'll report back any findings.
TheCaptain

Post by TheCaptain »

So as it turns out... (Enfocus investigations conclude)
The version of the library used in Switch 2017, update 1 can't communicate with SFTP servers who use DSA based public or private keys in the encryption mechanism.
... and thus a Solution could be any of the below :
Instead of running Switch on a Mac, Windows does not have the issue.
Regenerate the keys on the FTP server. Setting up the SFTP server to use public or private keys using a newer encryption method would solve the issue. If it is possible for the owner of the FTP server to let it communicate using newer more secure private/public keys (instead of the older DSA based keys). For example RSA based keys could be used.
Downgrade to Switch 2017 (as opposed to 2017.1)
New networking library in Switch 2017, update 1. It is technically possible to replace some files in your current Switch installation so it uses a new version of the networking library which doesn't have the issue. This will work, but please note that this configuration did not go to the full quality approval cycle that a normal Switch release goes through.
Ultimately, we amended our .FTP Server and all is well again.