Flows hang due to FTP element

BrianKline

Flows hang due to FTP element

Post by BrianKline »

We're running Switch 13. Every once in a while we have flows hang and we've narrowed it down to an FTP element. Is there a known bug? Is this fixed in the latest version?

Scenario 1:
The login credentials were entered incorrectly. This causes the flow to take a very long time to deactivate once it's running.

Scenario 2:
For some unknown reason, an FTP flow element that has been working just fine, stops working. The latest situation was an FTP receive element. I could see files on the FTP server and they were not being downloaded. When I tried deactivating the flow, it still wasn't shut down after 30 minutes, and it was causing all the other flows in Switch to cease processing. I had to kill Switch and restart the server. When Switch came back up, that flow element started working and the files on the FTP server downloaded no problem.
NEOSA

Re: Flows hang due to FTP element

Post by NEOSA »

Hi BrianKline,

Does the FTP server where you try to retrieve files has a large amount of files/directories ?

Is the "FTP Receive" setup to "Leave Originals on server" ?

And did you opened a Support Ticket to Enfocus ?
BrianKline

Re: Flows hang due to FTP element

Post by BrianKline »

NEOSA wrote:Hi BrianKline,

Does the FTP server where you try to retrieve files has a large amount of files/directories ?
No.
NEOSA wrote:Is the "FTP Receive" setup to "Leave Originals on server" ?
No. I never leave originals on the FTP server.
NEOSA wrote:And did you opened a Support Ticket to Enfocus ?
Yes I did. I posted here first just to see if anyone had seen this before and had any quick suggestions.