Using mjm for JDF pickup

Jeff Hawks

Using mjm for JDF pickup

Post by Jeff Hawks »

I am being supplied mjm files instead of jdf. I have read that in this scenario I should put in the Uncompress (legacy) processor to extract the jdf from the mjm. I have and it is not working. The mjm is being generated by a storefront and not by Acrobat. I suspect that is the problem.
Does anyone know of a solution?
Is anyone else using mjm files for input?
I have attached a sample mjm file.

Thanks
Jeff
Attachments
109944.zip
(2.4 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
cstevens

Re: Using mjm for JDF pickup

Post by cstevens »

I know the HTTP component can create MIME packages, but I haven't seen anything in Switch that can extract the different components.

It looks like there are some command-line utilities out there that you could possibly use with the Execute Command (Didn't check for Mac)

I'd check with your provider if they can create a .zip package with the JDF and asset file instead of a MJM file though. You may need to modify the URL(s) in the JDF to work properly, but that's an option.
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

Hi

I second @cstevens. Apart from that I would say your only way out is scripting. Either outside Switch with command line and whatever language you are confident with. Or in Switch with Scripting Module (given that you can download a file).
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

I did take a look at your file. It has two parts of JDF each on a specific line in the file.

With Switch Scripting you could pick up those lines and save them as a single JDF-file.

I think you can do the same thing with a Shell-scriptor a BAT-file and run that with the Execute command if you don't have the Scripting module.

Anyway it requires some kind of scripting code to be solved.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
Jeff Hawks

Post by Jeff Hawks »

As it turns out Stuffit Expander will unpack the MJM file, we had missed that on our initial search for an extraction tool. We have scripted Stuffit Expander to extract the JMF, JDF, and PDF. Switch takes it from there.

Thanks for the great suggestions.
cstevens

Post by cstevens »

Good to know. Thanks for sharing. Were you able to do it with the free version, or did you have to buy the Deluxe version?
Jeff Hawks

Post by Jeff Hawks »

I was able to use the free version. Scripted it with Automator. Very easy.