Checkpoint via mail

LasseThid
Advanced member

Checkpoint via mail

Post by LasseThid »

I'm wondering how this option works.
Does it simply mean you get an e-mail telling you a specific job has reached a checkpoint and you need to go to the checkpoint to examine the file and then you click either approve or reject and then the file goes wherever to flow tells it to go, or can you get a clickable link to open the file for inspection?
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Checkpoint via mail

Post by jan_suhr »

The mail that is sent out requires an answer in a specific way where the name of the folder the job is going to be sent to must be entered in the reply.

For customers that can be difficult and confusing.

With the new REST-API you can build a web portal as a normal checkpoint, it is a lot better way to do it.

Jan
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Thanks Jan.
The checkpoint is just intended for internal use though.
Once a job har been imposed with Phoenix I want to take a look at the file to make sure the imposition is correct and then I'll send the imposed file to the printers or open the job in Phoenix and do corrections.
At the moment I have put a hold between two folder so I can open up the files and then either trash the files or let them continue in the flow.
I can always drop Enfocus PDF Review into the flow, but since the files can become quite large it'd be a bit quicker if I don't have to copy them to the Enfocus PDF Review server.
I found an older post where Freddy had posted some HTNL code for the body of the mail, but I couldn't figure out how the checkpoint works, so I thought I'd ask.
I have no clue what the REST-API is and even less knowledge about building portals... :lol:
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

Well if it is internal then I would use the normal checkpoint, you have everything you need there.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps