Insert a page to a pdf

vernonvd

Insert a page to a pdf

Post by vernonvd »

Hi guys

i am looking for a way to insert a page to a pdf via Switch & Pitstop server 13 update 2. the action list for this is Add pages. the problem is:
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (123.19 KiB) Viewed 7647 times
the insert page from pdf does not have a variable option. :shock: so it will always insert the same file. is there a way i can make this variable?
Zoranj

Re: Insert a page to a pdf

Post by Zoranj »

Not sure if it does not have variable, however there might be creative solution.
From top of my head...
e.g. depending on your flow and needs, in your action you could specify static name (static.pdf) and location of PDF to be inserted.
Each time you need to insert different PDF, you take that different PDF and rename to static.pdf and move to that location, than run action to add page from that file.

I think it's doable this way, did not try it, but it might help you think in different direction.
vernonvd

Post by vernonvd »

Hi Zoranj

that was exactly what i did, the problem is the action list embeds the original static.pdf you select and does not replace it with the new one you submit and replace via Switch client.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

You can run PDF Toolkit with Execute Command to get this done.
https://www.pdflabs.com/docs/pdftk-man-page/

Might need a shell script for PDF Toolkit to accept the Switch variables and for that you can use my App "Execute command friend"
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
r.zegwaard

Post by r.zegwaard »

Maybe the solution lays within Switch. With the Merge-tool you can add the pdf to the original.
vernonvd

Post by vernonvd »

the solution i am using for now is with the Merge-tool, its a bit of a long one but it working :)

thanks for all the input, i really appreciate it.