Settings for Unique id?

eriklars

Settings for Unique id?

Post by eriklars »

Hi!
I´ll start a new thread for this question instead.

Switch adds an unique id to the filename of every PDF that enters a flow.
Unfortunately this id starts with an underscore "_", and that´s bad, m'kay.

Our XMF Workflow doesn´t like when a filename starts with underscore, and just simply ignores that file.

So, is it possible to change how Switch adds the Unique Id Prefix?

I tried the Rename-app, but it only affects the original filename, not the unique id.
cstevens

Re: Settings for Unique id?

Post by cstevens »

Switch will remove the unique ID from the file name in the last folder of any flow as long as the Strip unique name property is set to yes. You can terminate your flow at the point where XMF picks it up and start a new flow where it returns to Switch.

If you're worrying about file name conflicts switch has properties to add version numbers to files if they conflict.

Any other option where you change the file name is going to cause issues with Switch's ability to track it as a unique job. Would probably need more information on what XMF is doing with the file to answer that question.
loicaigon
Advanced member

Re: Settings for Unique id?

Post by loicaigon »

I got that recently and solution we used with client was to develop a script to send id to the end of the file Name prior to push it into XML Folder and later grab that file, reverse prefix once again and push it back into the flow.
FWIW
Loic