Hold files and release when file count is reached

LasseThid
Advanced member

Hold files and release when file count is reached

Post by LasseThid »

I have a flow to which I send lots of different jobs during the day. The name of every file startes with the order number followed by an underscore.
All jobs are color matched with GMG Color server which means that some files takes longer time to complete than others.
A single job can contain several files and I would like to hold the files until all files for a job has reached a certain stage in the flow.
I set a metadata variable NumberOfFiles=FileCount in the beginning of the flow, so I know how many files where submitted for each job.
How do I set up a Hold job to release only the files whose order number is the same when the number of files with that order number equals NumberOfFiles?
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
jslater

Re: Hold files and release when file count is reached

Post by jslater »

Hi, there's an app in the app store called Hold Job Groups that ought to do the trick for you. I had a similar situation, except I had to change the end file count, just passing the app the variable I set up earlier in the flow works perfectly. Here's the link:
https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... job-groups
LasseThid
Advanced member

Re: Hold files and release when file count is reached

Post by LasseThid »

Thanks!

That app seems to be just what I'm looking for! :D :D
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.