ImageMagick -identify - Flow

ChritianK

ImageMagick -identify - Flow

Post by ChritianK »

Hi,
Have a issue to made flow that can give the result from the magick -identify -verbose in a text file.
I try this but didn't know what's wrong or what's could be done to made it works ....
Didn't know if I must include in my variables >Job.Name.txt .... well, newbie in fact.... :roll:
image info in txt.png
image info in txt.png (70.77 KiB) Viewed 9396 times
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: ImageMagick -identify - Flow

Post by Padawan »

The ">" sign indicates you are trying to use a shell feature called "piping". The Switch execute command tool doesn't use a shell directly and therefore the redirecting doesn't work. You can work around this limitation by using a bat file with the command and let the "Execute Command" tool run the bat file. You can send the path to the job as argument to the bat file.

This page gives some more background and a (unfortunately Mac) example:
https://www.enfocus.com/en/support/know ... 000jfc9IAA
(It's the last point on the page, but the other points are certainly also worth reading)

If you do a search you'll most likely find examples on how to use bat files in Switch on this forum.
ChritianK

Post by ChritianK »

OK, I'm try to do it in bat file.
Thx
3f8h.net

Post by 3f8h.net »

Depending on your exact needs you can use "convert.exe" to output the identical data to a json or xml and use this in switch later on.

Please be aware that "identify.exe" might be very slow depending on your files. You should finetune your query to use your desired output fields only.
--
Sebastian Nafroth +++ 3f8h.net / electronic publishing

3f8h.net offers professional services and products for the graphic arts
industry.

contact details: http://www.3f8h.net/kontakt
ChritianK

Post by ChritianK »

OK, it could a good idea too, thx !
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

Out of curiosity, what is the information you want to extract using ImageMagick and use?

Personally, I've never had the need to go beyond the built in Switch variables. I also know there is a free Switch App to see if there is a clipping path on an image.
ChritianK

Post by ChritianK »

want to see too the level of compression use in jpeg file (to check if it low quality or optimal)
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

Thanks! I didn't know the it was possible to get an indication of the jpeg quality.