CHECKPOINT METADATA

boxclever

CHECKPOINT METADATA

Post by boxclever »

Hi to all.
I have a flow with a Switch Client submit point where operators add in some metadata to be picked up later in the same flow. For example, a “yes/no list: is there 3d varnish” on this job. The job eventually gets to a Switch Client checkpoint where more metadata fields have been added and operators have the opportunity to change a value added at the submit point (client changed his mind, let’s say). As the same job moves through the same flow I can’t seem to be able to build a path to any metadata added or changed at the checkpoint. In the metadata dataset external box, I can only see the submit point and if applicable Pitstop Server data. Does anyone have any pointers?
Thankyou.
Sean
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: CHECKPOINT METADATA

Post by Padawan »

In your checkpoint, is the "Dataset Name" the same or different to the value you set for "Dataset Name" in the submit point?
boxclever

Post by boxclever »

Hi Padawan
Thankyou for taking the time to reply.
Different : the dataset name is CHECK at the control point and SUBMIT at the submit point. Building a path after the control point I can only see SUBMIT.
Best
Sean
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

Those are the default Dataset names. You can change them to what ever you like. But for the Check point to see the data from the Submit point both have to have the same Dataset names. So easiest is to change the Check points Dataset name to "Submit"
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
boxclever

Post by boxclever »

Padawan
Still the same thing unfortunately.
Picture 1317 is the submit point dataset name Submit.
Picture 1318 is the check point dataset name Submit
Picture 1319 is two steps after the check point and I can only see the fields from the original submit point and not what was added or changed at the check point.
Best
Sean
Attachments
after check point
after check point
1319.jpg (253.77 KiB) Viewed 7923 times
check point
check point
1318.jpg (250.61 KiB) Viewed 7923 times
SUBMIT POINT
SUBMIT POINT
1317.jpg (197.16 KiB) Viewed 7924 times
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

Do you have a piece of flow where the issue is reproducible with that you can share with us?
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

When you create your check points metadata fields you have a yellow "PLUS" button. This only works if the dataset names are the same.
When you click the plus-button you can select the fields from the submit point and add them to the check point. Then you get all information in the dataset after the check point.
Screenshot 2018-10-01 16.31.25.jpg
Screenshot 2018-10-01 16.31.25.jpg (48.29 KiB) Viewed 7920 times
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
boxclever

Post by boxclever »

Hi Jan Sur
Thanks to you too, for jumping in.
I agree and that is what I have done to bring into the check point the original fields.
I then added new ones at the check point level such as FTP details if the file is too big to send by email.
I would like to be able to see the FTP information later in the flow but I can't.
Best
Sean
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

Since you have sub fields they will only show up in the meta data under the field they have as master. Have you looked at that?
In other words there are sub levels in the X-path that doesn't show up in the initial view.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
boxclever

Post by boxclever »

Hi Jan, Hi Padawan
Well it's now working.
FWIW, I was using the link between a folder and, in this case, "send by FTP" and I wasn't seeing the "Check" metadata in order to hold jobs or not.
By selecting the "send by FTP" icon and building the path I can now see the "Check" metadata in the little box under the embedded or external dataset.
It keeps the field names from Submit and adds those from Check.

The path reads "[Metadata.Text:Path="/field-list/field[13]/value",Dataset="Check",Model="XML"]"

So, thankyou both for your help. Very much appreciated that those who know help those that do not.

Best
Sean