File locked after Switch fails to copy it

LasseThid
Advanced member

File locked after Switch fails to copy it

Post by LasseThid »

I put two files in a folder on a Windowsbased fileserver, but for some reason Switch was unable to copy the files to an internal folder for processing and now I am unable to overwrite or delete the files because I don't have permission to remove them. When I browsed to the folder on my PC I was able to remove the files, but the mac still see them for some reason. Any ideas on how to remove these files so I can send them to Switch?
I have tried to reboot the mac and mount the drive again, but I still have the same problem. I have tried to stop the flow and then remove the files and I have also tried to stop Switch Server and remove the files, but nothing works. I also tried to change the file attributes using chmod in Terminal, but still I am not allowed to remove the files... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: File locked after Switch fails to copy it

Post by Padawan »

When you login on the fileserver itself and you setup explorer so hidden files are shown, do you see the files there?

If yes, try to remove them from there.

If not, then something strange is going on.
LasseThid
Advanced member

Re: File locked after Switch fails to copy it

Post by LasseThid »

The files were not visible in windows, but visible on Mac... :lol:
This morning however when I connect to the server they are gone... go figure...

It must have been my Mac that was acting up somehow... Good to know that the problem will eventually solve itself... :mrgreen:
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.