Folder Structure Using Hiearchy

Actioncross

Post by Actioncross »

Can a folder structure be setup at the beginning or the end of a flow using any of the Hierarchy flow elements WITHOUT them nesting? I want 1 root folder and 5 subfolders in it that are not nested? Do I need to write a script for this? I have a Set Hierarchy element that is using a variable condition to name the root folder in the Path Segment 1, which works. I set the Path Segment 2 to the name of the first folder, which works also. Then trouble.... all the other Path Segments 3-5 are all nested, which is what I don't want. I tried adding individual Set Hierarchy elements for each folder and that didn't work either.... still nesting. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You!
Clive Andrews

Post by Clive Andrews »

Can you put in some subfolders for the other directories - and use an "include" in the links to filter the files - then individual "archive hierarchies" at the end of them?
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

No matter how many elements there are in your hierarchy path only so many will be used as are listed in Subfolder levels in Archive Hierarchy: /abc/def/ghi/jkl/123.pdf will end up as /abc/def/123.pdf when Subfolder levels is 2.

I am not certain I fully understood what you are trying to achieve. If the above is not the answer then give examples of what you have in the beginning and what you want at the end.

Freddy