Release files at a certain time

LasseThid
Advanced member

Release files at a certain time

Post by LasseThid »

In order to do a ganging imposition I need to hold all incoming files until a certain time, i.e. 8.00 pm.
How do I set this up in Switch?
I have added a Hold job, set Delay scheme to Release condition. If I then select Define condition with variables I can choose Switch - Date which will give me the current date and time including milliseconds, but what do I enter in the Format box?
I tried putting hh.mm and setting Time zone to System, but when I click Insert variable and then OK it seems to expect a date and not a time...
Skärmavbild 2018-10-24 kl. 13.53.57.png
Skärmavbild 2018-10-24 kl. 13.53.57.png (59.59 KiB) Viewed 7019 times
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Release files at a certain time

Post by jan_suhr »

You have to add the date as well. Otherwise it will not now which day at 8 o'clock it should release the file.

Try this: [Switch.Date:Format="yyyy-MM-dd",TimeZone="System"]:20:00
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

I will submit files to the flow throughout the day, but I don't want the files to be sent to the imposition software until 8.00 pm.
That way I can make a ganging imposition for all jobs to be printed on the same substrate the next day.
For instance I can submit a job to be printed on Reboard White Core at 9.00 am and then at 2.30 pm I submit another job that is also to be printed on Reboard White Core. If I hold the files until 8.00 pm the imposition software can place these two jobs on the same sheet instead of creating two separate impositions. Less waste and shorter print time. 8-)
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

Yes I understand but for Switch to understand the time it shall release the files you have to have a date in the field too.

With the variable you will get the date of today, then manually add the time in the correct format like this, I didn't write it correctly in my last post
T20:00:00

The seconds should be there too.

Then it would release the file every day at 20.00

You can also set the flows time setting so that it is only active on Monday to Friday if you like.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Thanks Jan.

Doing some tests now... :lol:

Got it working like I want to!!! Thanks!
r.zegwaard

Post by r.zegwaard »

Wouldn't it be easier to use a Hold-job with a time-of-day window on the outgoing connection?

Attachments
screenshot.50.png
screenshot.50.png (7.37 KiB) Viewed 7004 times
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Why do it the easy way, when you can do it the hard way...

Doh!!!!!!
cstevens

Post by cstevens »

You can also have a 2nd flow which is scheduled to start at 20:00, run for a couple minutes and shut down. That's how I've handed this type of thing in the past before they improved the hold element.