Remove file after 1 day

Fist

Remove file after 1 day

Post by Fist »

Files are comming in in a folder and after 1 day, the file may be removed/deleted from that folder without effecting other files.

How do i set-up the condition to remove a a file after a day?

regards

F
gabrielp
Advanced member

Re: Remove file after 1 day

Post by gabrielp »

Assuming the folder is not automanaged in the flow: you can remove stuff by putting a file (perhaps a copy of that file) behind a hold for 1 day, then routing it into an inject which pulls it out of the folder and deletes it. Not exactly sure what you meant about effecting other files. But you're going to have to elaborate about the specific case you have.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
Fist

Post by Fist »

Gabriel, files are coming in constantly in this folder. so when moving them to another folder the same issue I will have over there.

A file is soming in on monday 9:00 PM this need to be deleted on Tuesday at 9:00PM
A file is coming in on monday 13:00 then this need to be deleted on Tuesday 13:00

Depending on metadata/date/ time remove after 24 hours.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

You could use my App "Date Calculator" in combination with the Switch variable for date and time to calculate the release time.

https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... calculator

The Date Calculator will give you a date in the future (or going back in time) then you combine that with the time value that you pickup when the file enters the folder. Save that as Private Data for the job and combine those variables you have from the Date Calculator and the Private Data time stamp.

Then you can send the file away 24h after it came in on the second.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps